The Official Website of the People’s Government of Hunan Province Mobile 中文 Francais 한국어 日本語

15 July 2015

Home>Services>Entry & Exit>Laws and Regulations

Foreigners Must Abide by the Laws and Regulations of People's Republic of China

1. Ensure the Validity and Sufficient Number of Entries of the Visa

Applicants shall ensure the validity and sufficient number of entries of the visa before coming to China. If the visa expires or the number of entries is exhausted, the applicants shall re-apply for a new visa.


2. Made Your Belongings to Be Checked by Relevant Departments

If foreigners carry animals, plants, currencies and other articles into China, they must abide by relevant laws of China and the regulations made by the Department of Health Quarantine, the Department of Animal and Plant Inspection and Quarantine, the Customs and the Financial Supervision and Regulation Department.


3. Not Engaged in Activities Mismatch with Your Visas

Foreigners shall not be engaged in activities irrelevant to the subject specified in applying for the visa in China.


4. Stay in China Within the Staying Period and Apply for an Extension

Foreign citizens shall only stay in China within the staying period. Therefore, they shall pay attention to the valid period of their passport and the staying period of the visa. For a longer residence time, they must apply to the local public security authority for an extension prior to the expiration date.


5. With a Travel Certificate in Advance When Travel

If foreigners go for a trip in some cities and counties close to them, they must apply to the local public security bureau for a travel certificate in advabce. They can only go there with prior approval. Foreigners shall not enter the premises which are not open to the public without permission.


6. Attentions

The border inspection office shall have power to prevent the entry or exit of aliens coming under the following categories:

(1)those who do not hold valid passports, certificates or visas;

(2)those who hold forged, altered or other than their own passports or certificates;

(3)those who refuse to have their certificates examined; and

(4)those whose entry into or exit from the country shall not be permitted, as notified by the Ministry of Public Security or the Ministry of State Security.