The Official Website of the People’s Government of Hunan Province Mobile 中文 Français 한국어 日本語

15 July 2015

Home>Tourism>Tour Hunan>Yueyang>Tourist Attractions

Xiangyin Temple

Xiangyin Confucius Temple on Bishi Road in Chengguan Town, Xiangyin County, was built in 1048 during the Ming dynasty (1368-1644) and has been renovated for times. The existing Dacheng Hall (literally means a hall of great achievements) was reconstructed in 1744 during the Qing dynasty (1636-1912).

The Hall was a nine-ridge and double-eave building with 32 stone pillars. The backwall in the Hall was embedded with two steles of Emperor Kangxi's eulogy for Confucius and Mencius during the Qing dynasty. In 1983, the west and east wing-rooms were restored and the Temple was listed on the cultural relics under the protection of the Hunan Provincial People's Government. It has been approved by the State Council as one of the 7th batch of cultural relics under state protection.