The Official Website of the People’s Government of Hunan Province Mobile 中文 Francais 한국어 日本語

15 July 2015

Home>Services>Residence>Residence Permit

Residence Permit for Family Members of Foreign Workers in Changsha

Spouse and children aged less than 18 years of foreign workers in Changsha must fill out a form and offer following relevant materials when applying for the permit.
1. Filling in Alien Visa or Residence Permit Application Form and Overseas Visitors' Basic Information Sheet in black ink.
2. A two-inch photo with white background (full face without hat).
3. Applicant's valid passport including pages of basic information, visa and recent entry stamp.
4. Applicant's Registration Form of Temporary Accommodation registered in local police station or hotels with internet connection with the Exit Entry Administration Department in Changsha.
5. Spouse's marriage certificate, birth certificate or family relationship certificate of children under 18. Relevant certificates issued by overseas organs must be translated into Chinese and translations must be stamped with official seal of the employee's unit.
6. Official letters of the employee's unit.
7. Health Inspection Certificate issued by Hunan Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau and applicators under the full age of 18 need not.
8. If it is the first time for the employing unit to apply for the permit, it must submit certificates such as organization institution code certificate of the current year, license copy of the business corporation, copy of public institution rating certificate or foreign-investment enterprises certificate of approval.
9. The employee's valid passport, with pages of basic information, valid Z visa/ the residence permit for employment and recent entry stamp, Alien Employment Permit or Foreign Experts Certificate and Health Inspection Certificate.
10. The copy of special handlers' ID card of schools or universities, with contact information on it.
11. Other documents if public security department deems necessary.
1. The original and copy of these certificates shall be submitted; relevant certificates issued by overseas institutions and corresponding Chinese translations stamped with the official seal of the translation company recognized by Chinese Embassy and Consulate; those who are still Chinese citizens or foreigners with Chinese nationality shall cancel household registration or renounce Chinese nationality before applying for Residence Permit; and applicants applying for the permit for the first time shall be accompanied by special handlers of the employing unit to go to the policy security organs to apply.
2. Applicans can apply for the permit with one-year long period of validity, but no longer than the valid period of residence permits of the employment.
3. If all materials are in readiness, applicants can take the permit after 5 working days, excluding time for inquiry.
4. Application Place: Southwest side of the intersection of Xiangzhang Road and Guitang Road, Yuhua District, Changsha(长沙市雨花区香樟路与圭塘路交汇处西南侧)
Buses: No. 63, No. 68, No. 159, No. 167, No. 802, No. 805. 
Bus Stop: Outangpo Station in Xiangzhang Road
5. Work hours: Monday-Friday (except holidays) Morning: 9:00-12:00; Afternoon: 13:00-17:00 
Tel: 0731-82290001;0731-82587623
6. Enclosed with the format of official letters used by employing units in Changsha, Submission of Application  for Residence Permit to the Population and Exit-Entry Administration Detachment of Changsha Police Security
Chinese source: