Overseas Chinese at the age of 18 years and upwards must fill out a form and submit following relevant materials to China in order to take care of their parents over 60 years old with no children in China.
1. Filling in Alien Visa or Residence Permit Application Form and Overseas Visitors’ Basic Information Sheet in black ink.
2. A two-inch photo with white background (full face without hat).
3. Applicant’s valid passport including pages of basic information, visa and recent entry stamp.
4. Applicant’s Registration Form of Temporary Accommodation registered in local police station or hotels with internet connection with the Exit Entry Administration Department in Changsha.
5. Mainland residents ID card, Changsha residential certification or residence proof of living in Changsha for more than half a year of dependents.
6. Notarized Family relationship certificates and proof of dependents having no kids in China
7. Materials of applicant’s economic resources, house property right or house leasing certificate that are notarized.
8. Other documents if public security department deems necessary.
1. The original and copy of these certificates shall be submitted; relevant certificates issued by overseas institutions and corresponding Chinese translations stamped with the official seal of the translation company must be recognized by Chinese Embassy and Consulate; those who are still Chinese citizens or foreigners with Chinese nationality shall cancel household registration or renounce Chinese nationality before applying for Residence Permit; and applicants applying for the permit for the first time shall go to the policy security organs to apply himself/herself.
2. Those who stay in Changsha for more than 6 months can apply for residence permit for caring for parents with one-year long period of validity and after the permit is expired, application for adjournment is allowed if materials or certificates are submitted in line with specified conditions. However, if support relationship is broken, the Exit-Entry Administration Department of the police security organs will not handle residence permit extension for the reason of "caring for old parents".
3. Foreigners can apply for L visa in accordance with relevant provisions just as one applies for an alien visa.
4. If all materials are in readiness, applicators can take the permit after 5 working days, excluding time for inquiry.
5. Application Place: the Population and Exit-Entry Administration Detachment of Changsha Police Security
6. Address: Southwest side of the intersection of Xiangzhang Road and Guitang Road, Yuhua District, Changsha(长沙市雨花区香樟路与圭塘路交汇处西南侧)
Work hours: Monday-Friday (except holidays) Morning: 9:00-12:00; Afternoon: 13:00-17:00
Buses: No. 63, No. 68, No. 159, No. 167, No. 802, No. 805.
Bus Stop: Outangpo Station in Xiangzhang Road