The Official Website of the People’s Government of Hunan Province Mobile 中文 Francais 한국어 日本語

15 July 2015

Home>Services>Residence>Residence Permit

Residence Permit for Fostering Children of Foreign Nationalities in Changsha

Children of foreign nationalities under 18 who are fostered in Changsha must fill out a form and offer following relevant materials when applying for residence permit.
1. Filling in Alien Visa or Residence Permit Application Form and Overseas Visitors' Basic Information Sheet in black ink.
2. A two-inch photo with white background (full face without hat).
3. Applicant's valid passport including pages of basic information, visa and recent entry stamp.
4. Applicant's Registration Form of Temporary Accommodation registered in local police station or hotels with internet connection with the Exit Entry Administration Department in Changsha.
5. The birth certificate of children with foreign nationality.
6. The copy of foreign parents' passports or that of Chinese parents' passports in China and certificates of permanent domicile.
7. Letters of authorization from parents of these children, giving clear indication of being foster parents or guardians and duration of fostering.
8. Mainland residents ID card, Changsha residential certification or residence proof of living in Changsha for more than half a year of foster parents or guardians in China.
9. Notarized Letters of guarantee or authorization to take care of him or her.
10. Other documents if public security department deems necessary.
1. The original and copy of these certificates shall be submitted; relevant certificates issued by overseas institutions and corresponding Chinese translations stamped with the official seal of the translation company must be recognized by Chinese Embassy and Consulate; those who are still Chinese citizens or foreigners with Chinese nationality shall cancel household registration or renounce Chinese nationality before applying for Residence Permit.
2. Those who stay in Changsha for more than 6 months can apply for residence permit for fostering with two-year long period of validity and after the permit is expired, application for adjournment is allowed if materials or certificates are submitted in line with specified conditions. However, if the relationship of fostering is interrupted, the Exit-Entry Administration Department of the police security organs will not entertain residence permit extension for the reason of 'fostering'.
3. Foreigners can apply for L visa in accordance with relevant provisions just as one applies for an alien visa.
4. If all materials are in readiness, applicant can take the permit after 5 working days, excluding time for inquiry.
5. Application Place: the Population and Exit-Entry Administration Detachment of Changsha Police Security
6. Address: Southwest side of the intersection of Xiangzhang Road and Guitang Road, Yuhua District, Changsha(长沙市雨花区香樟路与圭塘路交汇处西南侧)
Work hours: Monday-Friday (except holidays) Morning: 9:00-12:00; Afternoon: 13:00-17:00 
Tel: 0731-82290001;0731-82587623
Buses: No. 63, No. 68, No. 159, No. 167, No. 802, No. 805.
Bus Stop: Outangpo Station in Xiangzhang Road
Chinese source: