The Official Website of the People’s Government of Hunan Province Mobile 中文 Francais 한국어 日本語

15 July 2015

Home>Services>Residence>Residence Permit

Residence Permit for Purchasing Property in Changsha

Foreigners over 60 years purchasing real estate in Changsha, their spouse and children under the full age of 18 must fill out a form and offer following relevant materials when applying for the residence permit.

1. Filling in Alien Visa or Residence Permit Application Form and Oversea Visitors' Basic Information Sheet in black ink.

2. A two-inch photo with white background (full face without hat).

3. Applicant's valid passport including pages of basic information, visa and recent entry stamp.
4. Applicant's Registration Form of Temporary Accommodation registered in local police station or hotels with internet connection with the Exit Entry Administration Department in Changsha.

5. Notarized Certifications of applicant's economic resources, financial guarantee or financial self-guarantee.

6. Notarized House property certificates in Changsha of applicant's ownership.

7. Foreign spouse needs to submit the marriage certificate and children with foreign nationality must submit the notarized birth certificate or family relationship certificated.

8. Foreigners at 18 years old and upwards applying for a permit residence for one year or more for the first time need to provide Health Inspection Certificate issued by Hunan Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau.

9. Other documents if public security department deems necessary.


1. The original and copy of these certificates shall be submitted; relevant certificates issued by overseas institutions and corresponding Chinese translations stamped with the official seal of the translation company must be recognized by Chinese Embassy and Consulate; those who are still Chinese citizens or foreigners with Chinese nationality shall cancel household registration or renounce Chinese nationality before applying for Residence Permit; and applicant's of age 18 and above applying for the permit for the first time shall go to the policy security organs to apply by himself/herself.

2. Those who stay at Changsha or with relatives for more than 6 months can apply for residence permit for purchasing real estate with two-year long period of validity and after the permit is expired, application for adjournment is allowed if materials or certificates are submitted in line with specified conditions. However, if there is no relative any longer in Changsha, the Exit-Entry Administration Department of the police security organs will not entertain residence permit extension for the reason of "purchasing real estate or purchasers' relatives".

3. Foreigners can apply for L visa in accordance with relevant provisions just as one applies for an alien visa.

4. If all materials are in readiness, applicant can take the permit after 5 working days, excluding time for inquiry.

5. Application Place: the Population and Exit-Entry Administration Detachment of Changsha Police Security

6. Address: Southwest side of the intersection of Xiangzhang Road and Guitang Road, Yuhua District, Changsha(长沙市雨花区香樟路与圭塘路交汇处西南侧)

Work hours: Monday-Friday (except holidays) Morning: 9:00-12:00; Afternoon: 13:00-17:00

Tel: 0731-82290001;0731-82587623

Buses: No. 63, No. 68, No. 159, No. 167, No. 802, No. 805.

Bus Stop: Outangpo Station in Xiangzhang Road


Chinese source: