The Official Website of the People’s Government of Hunan Province Mobile 中文 Francais 한국어 日本語

15 July 2015

Home>Services>Residence>Residence Permit

Residence Permit for Seeking Refuge with Immediate Family Members in Changsha

Foreigners over 60 years without any direct dependant abroad must fill a form and offer following relevant materials when applying for residence permit for living with their relatives or spouse of foreign nationalities in China.

1. Filling in Alien Visa or Residence Permit Application Form and Overseas Visitors' Basic Information Sheet in black ink.

2. A two-inch photo with white background (full face without hat).

3. Applicant's valid passport including pages of basic information, visa and recent entry stamp.

4. Applicator's Registration Form of Temporary Accommodation for Visitors registered in local police station or hotels with internet connection with the Exit Entry Administration Department in Changsha.

5. Valid identification paper of family ties in Changsha:

*Foreigners seeking refuge with Chinese mainland citizens in Changsha must provide copies of mainland residents ID card, Changsha residential certification or residence proof of living in Changsha for more than half a year;

*Foreigners seeking refuge with foreigners holding permanent residence permit in Changsha must provide Alien Permanent Residence and residence proof of living in Changsha for more than half a year;

6. Certificates of family relationship that are notarized.

7. Certificates of applicant having no direct relatives abroad that are notarized.

8. Notarized Materials of applicant's finance or the proof of their relatives' financial security.

9. Notarized Materials of applicant's or their relatives' house property right or house leasing certificate.

10. Spouse holding of Foreign Nationality need to submit the certificate of marriage.

11. Foreigners over 18 years of age who apply for a permit residence for one year or more for the first time need to provide Health Inspection Certificate issued by Hunan Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau.

12. Other documents if public security department deem necessary.

1. The original and copy of these certificates shall be submitted; relevant certificates issued by overseas institutions and corresponding Chinese translations stamped with the official seal of the translation company must be recognized by Chinese Embassy and Consulate; those who are still Chinese citizens or foreigners with Chinese nationality shall cancel household registration or renounce Chinese nationality before applying for Residence Permit; and applicants applying for the permit for the first time shall go to the policy security organs to apply himself/herself.

2. Those who stay at Changsha for more than 6 months can apply for residence permit seeking refuge with relatives with two-year long period of validity and after expiry of the permit, application for adjournment is allowed if materials or certificates are submitted in line with specified conditions. However, if there is no relative any longer in Changsha, the Exit-Entry Administration Department of the police security organs will not entertain residence permit extension for the reason of 'seeking refuge with relatives'.

3. Foreigners can apply for L visa in accordance with relevant provisions just as one applies for an alien visa.

4. If all materials are in readiness, applicant can take the permit after 5 working days, excluding time for inquiry.

5. Address: Southwest side of the intersection of Xiangzhang Road and Guitang Road, Yuhua District, Changsha(长沙市雨花区香樟路与圭塘路交汇处西南侧)

Work hours: Monday-Friday (except holidays) Morning: 9:00-12:00; Afternoon: 13:00-17:00
Tel: 0731-82290001;0731-82587623
Buses: No. 63, No. 68, No. 159, No. 167, No. 802, No. 805.
Bus Stop: Outangpo Station in Xiangzhang Road


Chinese source: