The Official Website of the People’s Government of Hunan Province Mobile 中文 Francais 한국어 日本語

Medical Care

T | T Scan Print

Scan to save
on mobile

According to the requirements of Ministry of Education in China, it is compulsory for every foreign student to buy medical insurance and accident injury insurance throughout their entire planned period of study. You are free to purchase either in your own country or in China. Purchasing the Comprehensive Insurance Plan of Foreign Students provided by Ping An insurance company on the day of registration is recommended by the Chinese Ministry of Education. Students who do not have valid medical insurance are not allowed to register.

The following vaccinations and applicable frequencies are recommended for students coming to China:
Hepatitis A (within the last 10 years)
Hepatitis B (within the last 5 to 10 years)
Japanese B Encephalitis (within the last 3 years)
Tetanus (within the last 10 years)
Polio (within the last 10 years)
Typhoid (once in a lifetime)
Students 55 and older should also have a Pneumococcal vaccine

Quarantine Regulations
In accordance with the details for the Implementation of Regulations of the People's Republic of China Concerning Frontier Sanitation and Quarantine, people coming to China from certain countries must produce valid documents showing they have been inoculated against smallpox, cholera, or yellow fever. People from countries newly declared as infected areas must show corresponding vaccination documentation.
For further detailed enquiries, please contact the Chinese embassy or consulate in your country.
Those who have diseases for which Chinese laws and regulations refuse entry should leave China at once for their own country, and bear all expenses for the home journey

Health Examination
A health examination is required for students holding an X1 Visa for those studying in China for more than 6 months. (X2 visa holders studying for less than 6 months do not need to undergo this test).
Health Examination in Your Own Country
If you are examined in your home country, the exam must take place in a public hospital within 6 months before coming to China. The check-up form must:
• Be the same as that used in China (obtained from the Chinese Embassy)
• Contain your photo
• Bear the hospital's official stamp
• Include doctor's signature in section containing results of examination, with the original laboratory test reports attached
Health Examination in Hunan
You may also undergo the physical examination after you arrive in Hunan. Those who pass the examination, and when confirmed by the Municipal Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau, will receive a Health Certificate. This is a procedure that your school will assist you with.