The Official Website of the People’s Government of Hunan Province Mobile 中文 Francais 한국어 日本語

I am an applicant from foreign countries holding overseas driving license.How to switch your driving license to a Chinese license?

T | T Scan Print

Scan to save
on mobile

Here are procedures of getting the Chinese driving license:
The applicant submit your application to Vehicle Administration Office of Changsha Municipal Public Security Bureau of with all the required materials prepared→the Business Acceptance Window issues the driving test application form→pay fees at Charging Window→go to Changsha Driving Test Center for accepting Subject 1 test→ test→after passed all the exams, the applicant go to Acceptance Window in Motor Vehicle Administration for acceptance and production of driving license.

Here are the documents you shall prepare before submission of the driving license application.

1. Motor vehicle driving license application form;
2. Certificate for driver's physical condition; 
3. The original and copy of overseas driving license;
4. Translated version of overseas driving license translated by foreign affairs department; 
5. The original and copy of applicant’s passport;
6. Valid residence permits for foreign citizens; 
7. 3 recent 1-inch color photos with a white background


Authority Concerned: Vehicle Administration Office of Changsha traffic cop detachment
Office Address: No.2, Fenglin Road 1, Yuelu District, Changsha, the annex building of Changsha traffic cop detachment
Office Time: Monday-Friday (Except the official holidays) Morning: 9:00-12:00 Afternoon: 13:00-17:00


You need to pass a traffic rule examination. (You can download some materials with the frequently asked questions and answers and test yourself before to make sure you prepare well) During the exam, the traffic police will random pick up 100 questions. If you can get 90+ scores in the exam, then you can pass and get the Local Driver's License.


Is there anything wrong with this page? For any questions, please feel free to contact us at