Application Chinese motor vehicle driving license holding overseas driving license
Road Traffic Safety Law of the People's Republic of China (Order No. 8, President of the People's Republic of China)
Regulations for Implementation of the Law of the People's Republic of China on Road Traffic Safety (Order No.405, the State Council)
Provisions on the Application for and Use of Driving Licenses (Order No. 91, Ministry of Public Security)
1. Holder of an overseas driving license (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan driving license) , who applies for Chinese motor vehicle driving license must conform to the age and health condition as required by the Provisions on the Application for and Use of Driving Licenses ( Order No. 91, Ministry of Public Security) . If the applicant’s age and health condition are not up to the standards, he can apply for a specific type of motor vehicle at a lower level which meets the requirements of application.
2. Any applicant must comply with all the conditions mentioned in the application for motor vehicle license as required by the Provisions on the Application for and Use of Driving Licenses (Order No. 91, Ministry of Public Security)
1. Motor vehicle driving license application form;
2. Applicant’s identification document;
3. Certificate for driver’s health condition issued by medical institutions at or above county level or regimental level. Staff members in foreign embassies, consulate and representative offices of international organizations in China do not have to present the certificate.
4. The holding motor vehicle driving license. If it is not in Chinese, a Chinese translation version shall be issued.
Applicant should take the above-mentioned materials to the Vehicle Administrative Station for the application of Chinese motor vehicle driving license having overseas driving license (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan driving license); holders of overseas motor vehicle driving license shall take the test for the application of Chinese driving license. Those applying for specific type of motor vehicle such as large passenger car, motor tractor, medium passenger cars and heavy trucks shall take a third test for the application of Chinese driving license. If the applicant is from foreign embassies, consulates and international organizations in China Representative Office, the principle of diplomatic reciprocity shall be followed to approve and issue the driving license.
Notice of the National Development and Reform Commission and the Ministry of Finance on the Relevant Issues Concerning the Management Intensification and Regulation of the Charging Standards Such as the Motor Vehicle Certification Cost
The Motor Vehicle Administration of the traffic administrative department of the public security organ of municipalities directly under the central government, cities divided into districts or at the same level or the Motor Vehicle Administration of the traffic administrative department of the public security organ at the county level where the owner of the vehicle’s place of domicile, temporary place of abode or the place of his unit’s main administrative office is located.