The Official Website of the People’s Government of Hunan Province Mobile 中文 Francais 한국어 日本語

15 July 2015

Home>Services>FAQ>Visa & Residence

How does a person with an L or F visa apply for a residence permit?

By answering some questions and supplying the stated materials:
1. International travel document, i.e. diplomatic, official, or ordinary passport.

2. Written application form, and one 2-inch ID photo.

3. Those coming to China for study need a letter stating period of study and an invitation from the Chinese school, and a written JW201 or JW202 form.

4. Anyone applying for work in China needs to do the following:
a. Any representative of a foreign enterprise China branch needs a Registration Certificate for Resident Offices of Foreign Enterprises, Work Permit for Resident Offices of Foreign Enterprises, and Foreign Expert Work Permit, or Foreign Expert Certificate.

b. Any investor or legal representative of a joint venture or senior foreign management or technical personnel working for a Chinese foreign firm, or a joint venture, need an approval certificate and copy of the business license, and a Foreign Expert Work Permit or Foreign Expert Certificate.

c. Artists coming to China should provide an approval document from the Culture Ministry, or a province-, autonomous region-, or municipal-level culture department.

d. Accompanying family members need an official letter from the employer, while the spouse needs a marriage certificate, and parents or children need proof of kinship.

5. Any other related documents.