1. The Department, in accordance with laws and regulations, and with the arrangements and requirements of the State Council, the Ministry of Supervision and the Hunan Provincial People’s Government, leads and guides the province and related central organs in Hunan to implement the administrative supervision;
2. According to the decentralized administration principle, makes regular or irregular inspections on the implementation of State laws, policies, decisions and orders by all the departments and organs of Hunan Provincial People’s Government, municipals and prefecture of Hunan Province, province-owned enterprises and their employees, as well as state-appointed leaders to be supervised;
3. To inspect the problems of the related supervisees that occur in the course of their observing and enforcing laws and rules and regulations as well as government decisions and decrees, and make administrative sanction;
4. To accept and handle accusations and expositions against administrative organs or public servants or other officials appointed by such organs that violate rules of administrative discipline; to accept and handle appeals presented by public servants who refuse to accept administrative sanctions made by the relevant administrative organs, and other complaints to be accepted and handled by supervisory organs as prescribed by law and administrative rules and regulations;
5. To survey the general and tendentious problems in government conduct and discipline, enact administrative rules and regulations on Hunan Province supervision, and implement them;
6. To inspect, adjust, appoint, remove and train the leaders in line with the requirements of related provincial, municipal and prefectural supervision bureaus;
7. To perform other duties as authorized or assigned by the Hunan Provincial People’s Government and the Ministry of Supervision of PRC.