Add: 505 North Cai'e Road, Changsha, Hunan Prov. 410008
Tel: +86 731 82356689
Fax: +86 731 82356619
1. To implement guidelines and policies relating to the ethnic work of the Party and State, and help the Provincial Party Committee and People's Government to handle ethnic affairs.
2. To study and put forward tasks and development strategies for Hunan's ethnic affairs; to draft local regulations on ethnic affairs, and organize their implementation.
3. To organize the investigation and research of major issues like ethnic theories, policies and issues; to launch publicity and educational activities concerning ethnic policies and regulations, and supervise their implementation.
4. To supervise the implementation and improvement of the system of regional ethnic autonomy; to guarantee the legitimate rights and interests of minority nationalities; to organize celebration activities for every tenth anniversary in the ethnic autonomous areas.
5. To draft principles and methods for coordinating ethnic relations, promote equality, unity, mutual help and cooperation of all nationalities, handle significant events in ethnic relations, and uphold social stability and national unity; to undertake commendation activities for the unity and progress of Hunan's varied ethnic nationalities.
6. To investigate and analyze national economic and society development in Hunan's ethnic minority areas, help draft plans for the reform and opening-up and economic development in ethnic minority areas, and investigate and provide special policies and measures for the development of ethnic economy; to investigate and review problems relating to the economic development of minority nationalities in poverty-stricken areas, undertake the work of poverty-relief for ethnic minority areas; to organize and coordinate the sci-tech development, place-to-place aid, eco-tech cooperation, intellectual support as well as the ethnic trade and production of ethnically specially-needed commodities in ethnic minority areas; to oversee the management and use of provincial specific funds for minority nationalities.
7. To organize members of the provincial Ethnic Affairs Commission to launch activities, and coordinate their agencies and relevant departments to implement and improve favourable policies for minority nationalities and ethnic minority areas.
8. To review, under the guidance of state guidelines and policies, special issues on culture, art, public health, sports and media access of Hunan's minority nationalities and ethnic minority areas, provide relevant suggestions, and undertake relevant affairs.
9. To manage languages and characters of Hunan's minority nationalities, and guide the translation and publication of their languages and characters as well as the collection, sorting and publication of ancient ethnic books.
10. To review, under the guidance of the overall planning of provincial education authority departments, reform and development problems of ethnic minority education, and provide suggestions and proposals, help solve special difficulties of ethnic minority education; to undertake special educational support in ethnic minority areas jointly with education authority departments.
11. To provide professional guidance to the ethnic work of the government; to strengthen contact with ethnic autonomous areas; to organize and accept the study, visiting and inspection of minority nationalities.
12. To keep in contact with officials of minority nationalities, assist relevant departments in fostering, educating, selecting and appointing officials of minority nationalities; to help manage provincial official ethnic minority schools; to handle the personnel, staffing and Party-masses relations in the Commission and its immediate subordinates.
13. To organize and coordinate external exchanges and cooperation in the sector of ethnic affairs; to help minority nationalities to launch publicity campaigns, and handle affairs relating to visiting relatives, traveling and settling down in Hunan Province of those minority nationalities living in other provinces.
14. To undertake other assignments entrusted by the Provincial Party Committee and People's Government.