Add: 1001 Sect. 1, East Xiangfu Rd., Changsha, Hunan Prov., 410004
Tel: +86 731 85550745
Fax: +86 731 85550745
1. To implement state guidelines, policies, laws and regulations of forestry; to study and draft guidelines and policies for the construction of forestry ecological environment, protection of forestry resources and greening of motherland in Hunan; to organize the drafting of local forestry laws and regulations, and supervise their implementation.
2. To draft provincial forestry development strategies, mid-term and long-term development plans, and organize their implementation; to oversee province-level forestry funds; to supervise the management and use of provincial forestry funds.
3. To organize activities oftree planting and forestation and mountain closure for forest growing; to organize and guide the prevention of water and soil erosion and the protection and control of desertification by biological measures like tree-planting and grass-cultivation; to guide the construction and management of state-owned forestry farms (nursery) , collective forestry farms, forest parks and grass-roots forestry institutions.
4. To organize and guide the management of forest resources (including economic forests, fuel forests, timber forests, shelter forests and other special service forests), and organize the investigation, tendency monitoring and statistical work of provincial forestry resources; to examine and supervise the utilization of forestry resources; to develop forest cutting quota , and supervise the execution after being approved by the provincial government; to supervise the cutting and transportation of forests and bamboo groves based on licenses; to organize and guide the management of forestry land and forestry ownership, and examine and inspect the requisition and impropriation of forestry land approved by the provincial government according to laws; to supervise the exploitation of forestry land and coordinate forestry ownership disputes.
5. To organize and guide the conservation and reasonable exploitation of terrestrial wildlife resources; to draft and adjust the catalogue of wildlife under the prior protection of the province, and publish after being approved by the provincial government; to guide the construction and management of nature reserves for forests and terrestrial wild animals under the guidance of the regionalization and planning principles of national nature reserves; to organize and coordinate the conservation of provincial wetland and enforcement of concerned international conventions; to inspect and report for approval the import and export of endangered species , as well as the export of wild animals, precious and rare tree species and wild plants under the protection of the State and province and their products.
6. To organize, coordinate, guide and supervise the provincial forest fire prevention work; to guide the work of provincial forest-defending police; to organize and guide the prevention and quarantine of forest pests and rodent diseases in the forests of the province.
7. To study and provide economic regulation suggestions on forestry development and relevant policies and proposals on the development of forestry industry; to supervise and manage state-owned forestry assets and guide the development of forestry industry; to examine and apply for key forestry construction programmes.
8.To guide the development and cultivation of various kinds of commercial forests (including timber forests, economic forests, fuel forests, medical forests, bamboo groves and other special service forests), landscape forests as well as woods and flowers.
9. To organize and guide the work of forestry science and technology, education, foreign affairs and publicity; to guide the fostering of the personnel for the provincial forestry.
10. To undertake other assignments entrusted by the Provincial Party Committee and People's Government.