Add: 6 Jiayu Rd., Changsha, Hunan Prov. 410001
Tel: +86 731 89976011
Fax: +86 731 89976011
The Office aims to maintain state financial and economic order, promote the construction of an honest and clean government, and guarantee the healthy development of national economy.
1.To implement state audit policies and guidelines, draft detailed audit policies and guidelines for Hunan Province, and participate in formulating local audit and financial laws and regulations; to formulate regulations and work plans for auditing, and supervise their implementation; to direct, coordinate and supervise the performance of audit institutions at various levels; to organize auditing or audit investigations over special funds and funds in various trades.
2.To advise the Provincial Government and relevant provincial departments on the audit results, and offer suggestions on formulating and improving the relevant policies, laws and measures for macro-economic control.
3. According to the Audit Law of the People's Republic of China, the Department is responsible for auditing:
1) the budget implementation at provincial level and other revenues and expenditures;
2) the budget implementation and final accounts of the people's governments at the municipal and prefectural levels;
3) assets, liabilities, profits and losses of the state-owned enterprises under the Provincial Government;
4) assets, liabilities, profits and losses of the local financial institutions;
5) financial revenues and expenditures of social security funds, environmental protection fund, public donations and other relevant funds in the charge of departments of the Provincial Government and social bodies on behalf of the Provincial Government;
6) financial revenues and expenditures of the Government-accepted projects funded with aids, loans and donations provided by international organizations or foreign governments;
7) financial revenues and expenditures of the departments and institutions of the Provincial Government and their subordinate agencies;
8) the budget implementation and final accounts of principal construction projects of the Provincial Government and its immediately subordinate agencies.
9) other audit affairs to be handled by the Provincial Audit Department according to provisions in other laws and regulations.
4.To submit audit reports to the Provincial Government on budget implementation at the provincial level on behalf of the Provincial Government, and report to the Standing Committee of Hunan Provincial People's Congress on the provincial budget implementation and other financial revenues and expenditures.
5.To organize industrial audits, special audits and/or audit investigations for the purpose of implementing state financial policies and macro-economic control, advise National Audit Office, the Provincial Government and other departments concerned on the results, and offer suggestions.
6.To organize audit institutions in Hunan Province, to audit in accordance with law financial responsibilities of the senior officials in the Party, government administration, and state-owned enterprises during their tenures of office on behalf of the Provincial Party Committee and the Provincial Government; to audit financial responsibilities of the provincial senior officials in the Party, government administration, and state-owned enterprises; to accept and hear in accordance with law reconsideration appeals by the auditee, in regard to the audit decisions by the subordinate audit institutions and/or the auditor dispatched by the Department.
7.To organize and execute the guidance and supervision over internal audit within Hunan Province; to supervise the quality of audit by non-governmental audit bodies, and organize audit training.
8.Audit institutions at all municipalities and prefectures shall report to the People's Government at the corresponding level and the provincial audit department, and on audit affairs they mainly take instructions from the audit institutions at higher levels; the Provincial Audit Department coordinate the appointment and removal of the persons-in-charge in the audit institutions at municipal and prefectural levels.
9.To organize with relevant departments international exchanges in the audit sector.
10.To undertake other assignments entrusted by the Provincial Party Committee and the Provincial Government.
To exercise audit supervision over financial revenues and expenditures of the Provincial People's Government and its departments, state-owned financial institutions, enterprises and public institutions according to the Constitution and the Audit Law of the People's Republic of China, and other revenues and expenditures to be audited in accordance with provisions prescribed in the Audit Law; to audit financial responsibilities of the senior officials in the Party and government administration during their tenures of office; to administer the performance of audit institutions at all levels in Hunan; to guide, supervise and monitor the performance of all internal audit institutions within the province, and supervise the quality of audit by non-governmental audit bodies, and organize audit training.